Monday, June 28, 2010

June, 2010


Another month has flown by! Gavin is almost 5 months old (turns 5 mos. this Sunday on 7/5)!!
As a follow-up to my last post regarding his 4 month shots:
I didn't give him tylenol ahead of time (I did for his 2 month) because I was encouraged by the nurse and by a couple others to see how he handled it first and not just automatically give it to him. He wailed when he got the shots but nursed afterwards and settled. He slept in his carseat on our way to play group- played at play group (was pleasant); was pleasant the rest of the day until his afternoon nap. Around 4:30 he woke up wailing again-----very inconsolable! John held him while I gave him generic tylenol and then Gavin was basically nursing for the next two hours (comfort nursing no doubt). :( My poor baby- NEXT TIME I will either give him the tylenol BEFOREHAND or shortly afterwards.
His stats from the appt.: 27 3/4 inches long (95th percentile), 18.10 pounds (>95percentile) and 70th percentile head circumference. BIIIIIGGGG baby! :) Love my chunk-a-monk!

I'll leave you with this thought: banana-cado (banana and avocado) baby food= gross diaper!! HAHAHA....

No comments:

Post a Comment