So, our carefree summer has ended. Gavin has begun daycare and my FINAL internship (last semester- whoohoo) has started as well. I'm very relieved and happy that he seems to be enjoying Ms. Stephanie and the other kids. He smiles at her and goes easily to her (at this point) when I drop him off three days during the week. It's pretty easy to get to her house....walk across the street! :)
If I think too hard about not being with him during the day I can let it get to me about all of the "what if's;" but I try not to do that. I also feel the slightest bit guilty about actually enjoying my time back in the professional world. Seeing Gavin's precious little face when I pick him up at the end of my day is so wonderful! I let him have unlimited cuddle time, nurse him, play, etc. (in the midst of trying to pick up a bit around the house, pack a lunch for the next day, etc.) I'm certainly understanding the world of a Mom "after hours"- when baby is asleep and husband is in bed- one can be pretty productive if not too exhausted.
We also have two bottom tooth buds now! Not breaking the surface yet but visible and OH SO CUTE! Gavin is also exhibiting the understanding of object permanence and beginnings of separation anxiety/I don't want to go to sleep yet. When I put him down for a nap or for bed time he will sometimes start a full out pouty cry as he sees me leave his room. If I come right back in without giving him some time to settle (and I've made this mistake a couple times)- the crying stops but is worse when I try to leave again. Smart baby!
Another first: Gavin had his first cold; a mild one thankfully! I got sick the Sunday before my internship began (yeah- loads of fun) and then he had a low-grade fever and nasal congestion soon after. We used a cool mist humidifier in his room and that was it; he was fussy only one day. No need for any medications- just TLC. Thankfully I had two days off from the internship with him when he got sick. By the way: there's no time for a Mommy to be sick, especially when baby is sick, too. AND--the WORST sick patient is the Daddy!! Are all men like that? :)
And finally----the moment we've all been waiting for (well, at least me): Gavin slept from 7:30pm-6:15am last night with no feedings!! He woke at 1:30 for about 10-15 mins but got himself back to sleep! YAY- great job! We'll see if this is a trend- fingers crossed. :)
(oh lastly- aunt flow has decided to return to my life after a 16 month hiatus- wonderful gift of nature she is.)
Ok- time for some homework then bed for me---ahh, sweet, wonderful sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment