Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Question Friday

I recently discovered THIS blog and am participating in her 5QF, so here it goes: Rules for 5QF: HAVE FUN!! Oh, and copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! Questions for Friday, April 15th: 1. What is your favorite sign of spring? The sun staying up later- after baby G goes to bed (another option to get a workout in if I was too lazy to go during lunch). I also love the few days we have in Florida with high's of 70-75 before we go straight to the 90's. 2. What was your best birthday ever? A few special memories: turning 13- the morning of my birthday before I went to school, my mom and step-dad revealed my gift: a stereo with cd player! I LOVE music (didn't care for a t.v. in my room) and was so excited about this gift! My 21st b'day, which is bittersweet because it was only 5 months after my mom passed away. However, my stepdad, my aunt, my hubby (then boyfriend) and a few of my friends all went to a small local fishing town (Cedar Key), spent a couple nights and had a great time making a fool of ourselves at the local honkeytonk bars! My hubby also knows that he can't lose with getting me a gift certificate to a spa on my b'days. 3. What is your favorite dessert? Oh geez, um- just put one in front of me and I'm usually good-to-go. :) Currently since Sonic has come back near our house, I've been craving Sonic Blasts- but have (thankfully for my weightloss efforts) only indulged once so far. Chocolate is my usual go to- I'm more of a sweets versus salty type of gal. OOHH- OOH- I should mention here that hubby and I have recently discovered NUTELLA- this stuff is amazing (why didn't we try it before)!! 4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket? Haha- (bowing my head in embarrassment): I was speeding to get to work on time (worked at the local Sheriff's office) and a police department motorcycle cop (yes we have both sheriff's office and police department here) pulled me over. I motioned to my badge and star on the back of my car that signify I work for law enforcement. He gave me a warning and I thankfully got out of it. I was surprised he didn't just say "so what" since our police dept. and sheriff's office aren't the best of partners all the time. 5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times? For me- the key word is not MY alarm but my husband's; he has to be up before I do. Baby G has been sleeping until 7am (hallelujah- he used to wake up no later than 10 past 6am!) this week so it would be nice if I could at least sleep until 6:30 without interruption, but such is not the case. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning and will be praying that buggy boy continues his trend and that the damn dogs (one in particular) also sleep until at least 7am. When I used to use an alarm- I turned it off after it initially went off; no snoozing- that's annoying. I think I learned this from only getting one wake-up call (and knowing I BETTER get up) when I was a kid. Fun times in mommyhood: my little guy presently has what I thought was pink eye (it still could turn in to that) but is a bit miserable with the crust on his eyes. We're hoping it's just exacerbation of allergies and have started some eye drops. Fingers crossed my employer does not fire me (not really but just sucks I've had to miss some work) for having to take off days/partial days with a little one when he is sick, etc. during my probation period. I have NEVER been this unreliable in getting to work on time- missing work, calling in to work- until having a child. Definitely makes me putting something else on my checklist of what to look for in a boss/employer. Happy Friday!! My outlook is especially uplifted presently because I have a beach vacay to look forward to with my BF in early June- yipppeeee; the stars aligned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment