Me and Gavin went to Jax. to see Aunt Tootie and Matt this past Saturday. We spent the night with them. This was also the longest trip in the car for him. He did fine; gave him some baby "crack" (gripe water) and timed both rides after he'd eaten, played a bit and was ready to nap. It's also great that he can now self-soothe since he's found his fingers. Those little sausage fingers must be good because he loudly sucks on them. :)
I probably packed wayyy too much but wanted to make sure I had everything for him. I did not pack well for myself because I forgot plenty of essentials including a TOOTHBRUSH and toothpaste! :) The sleeping part of our trip: Gavin has not slept in our room since he was 3 weeks old; I am just a very light sleeper and wake to every sound he makes (which are numerous). I think I woke every hour and ended up with a neck/head ache. He slept half the night in the pack&play bassinet and the second half in the bed with me- woke up at 6am (ugh)! So, neither of us got the best sleep.
He was a very good baby for the whole trip and again- I thank God each night for such a good baby!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment