Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all things seek Him and He will make your paths straight.
That part about "do no lean on your own understanding," ugh- that's tough. I fail at that time and again.
Being quiet/still and waiting are two difficult things for my personality as well as in today's (American) general culture.
What is this all about?
I'd rather not spill (all of) my guts and personal business on this blog but it has something to do with trajectories in me and my families' personal life. So, if you pray- please pray that we can be filled with patience, trust and steadfastness in the Lord and that it will be less than painful ;)
As for G- poor little guy had been a kumodo dragon with drool and very fussy with lots of pain from all FOUR canines piercing through at the same time for the past two.5 weeks. Both a benefit and a bit draining- he has been more Mama-dependent and snuggly (even though that sometimes didn't even comfort him). BUT- it seems we have turned a corner this week and he's coming out of the teething fog (for now). My happy-go-lucky little man is back in town!
Gavin has LOTS OF HAIR, like ever since he was in-utero (and the whole heart burn thing didn't ring true for me). I finally bought a pair of scissors appropriate for cutting hair and conservatively gave my boy a cut this week. I was thinking in my head the whole time---cut less than you think you want to...we don't want to end up with the cut my Cricket doll did back in the 80's.
It looks fine- no scarey chopped off or crooked bangs= success!
My little guy is growing up fast, we actually laugh together at silly things now. I often miss the days of quiet nursing times and that locked-eye, milk-induced stare that entrances both Mommy and baby.
Here's a cute poem that every new Mom should be given- enjoy your baby and let the other stuff just BE for now:
Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth, Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing, make up the bed, Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue, Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo. Dishes are waiting and bills are past due. Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo.
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue? Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment