Reflecting today on how being a mother to a young child, I often find myself being blissfully mindful. While I may be on "auto pilot" washing dishes, G is fascinated with the bubbles- how they look, how they feel, the sound they make. He fully experiences his world- often to my dismay (dirt in mouth, etc.). As adults we get weathered by daily life and often purposefully avoid situations to the extent of avoiding the experience of things around us. We become so efficient at doing things, quickly moving here and there that we lose out on the special parts of life that bring wonder.
I enjoy the times I am just playing with Gavin and allow myself the time to notice how each toy car sounds differently or following a dragonfly in our back yard. Noticing the sounds of passing vehicles that make different loud sounds that otherwise would just be background noise.
My little guy is growing so quickly and I want to be mindful of each and every moment I have with him; enjoying the innocence of childhood. I found this picture and can't believe he has grown so much in such a short amount of time:

No comments:
Post a Comment