Gavin had roseola this past week (rash almost all gone now); he looked like this on Halloween--poor boy:
Recovering little Gator football player (daycare costume--aka: mommy didn't go purchase one) with rashy/puffy face :(
Note: once the very scary fevers go away and rash appears child is no longer contagious (those fevers were no joke). I did not send a contagious child to daycare.
He was better after his nap that afternoon so it was a "go" for some trick-or-treating with the cousins at Mimi and Papa's house. He changed costume like any cool toddler would do and Batman and his Robin had some fun:
Cool, culinary Goddess/ Mom that I am, I also made these for daycare treat (easiest thing ever):
Mummy dogs
Mummy dogs
Half marathon training update:
So TWO Saturdays ago- I increased long run to 5 miles. My friend Katie joined me- THANK YOU! I was regretting having ran two miles the day before; just noticed some added fatigue and we all know I don't need any ADDED slowness. We didn't do too bad- finished approx 5.3 miles in under an hour- sounds good to me.
And then--last week, all bets were off because G got sick and I was out a day and half with him and..and...just didn't train (ran like once on Tuesday). Didn't do a long run this past weekend either---gahh, oh well.
Fast forward to today:
Monday-did not run (see a theme)
Tuesday- 2 quick miles and some core at lunch time
today- 2.4 miles before the crack of dawn--I feel like that should count for at least 2 more miles since I was jogging in the dark with a flashlight for protection and got to marvel at all the constellations.
We are going out of town this weekend (yay- hello Hoch's!!), so it is likely I could miss another long run if I don't make myself do it Sunday afternoon/evening after we are home. That is me on very good behavior/serious runner--so we'll shoot for that outcome and see what happens. I'll try doing 5 miles again since I missed last weekend.
Saving money project:
I've been invited to join a coupon club--thanks Kathy!! I'm excited to learn more and get started.
Ooh- and I got 40 F.R.E.E. photos from Walgreens yesterday. Saw a coupon code from someone I follow on Facebook and- it worked! I needed to print out updated pics of G and us to put in his book- it stops at like 7 months of age, so this was perfect.
My husband is a sexy college boy again---niiiice (who thinks he gets to "go to Spring Break"--hahaha!)
That's the family update.



No comments:
Post a Comment