In the spirit of being unoriginal--check out almost any other blog- but grateful for the opportunity to count my blessings publicly; I will blog about what I am thankful for throughout the month of November (yeah so what I missed the first 8 days of the month). I hope YOU WILL participate---leave me a comment with what you are thankful for today.
- I will start by saying I am thankful for my immediate family- husband and child. These people know my truest nature and still love me. We are all healthy (minus occasional runny noses, etc.) and happy.
- I am thankful for the rest of my family and close friends who have become family. Without this support, life would not be the same.
- I am thankful to be employed, making a salary that sustains our family and not being miserable (bored at times- but not miserable).
Time changed this past weekend, we set our clocks back an hour. Last year I didn't really feel any effects from this; however, this year- it only left me more tired. I don't feel like I've gained an hour whatsoever. I do not like that it is dark by 6pm but I do like that I no longer need my flashlight when I do morning jogs. (That was not a very thankful bunch of sentences but ended on a positive; haha.)
Review of last weekend:
Friday= off from work! homecoming parade<---Gavin LOVED it, no melt downs when the naptime hour rolled around and we were still there. He slept most of the drive to visit our friends for the weekend.
(note: said friend and family are giving us what is known as "side eye" because we left a cold with them compliments of Gavin) Good thing they love us!
Saturday= visiting out of town with friends; went to the mall, played and ate lunch. The funniest thing happened in the play area: G normally takes a bit of time to scope out situations before he feels comfortable going out on his own. Once he felt comfortable he walked out in the play area with a toy of his over to this space ship thing. He was approached by another toddler who looked a bit older than him and this "conversation" took place. The other boy clearly wanted to play with Gavin's car toy- Gavin neither surrendered the toy nor acted meanly- it was this funny reasoning type of interaction. I can imagine Gavin being like (in calm demeanor), "um- yes this is a nice toy; my Mommy gave it to me- I'd rather you not play with it and my mom is right over there." I still laugh at the memory of how this interaction looked and took place. Proud of my little guy for not just handing over what was his but also not throwing a fit or acting out. I'm sure he probably threw in a "mine" in their little convo.
Saturday night also held a very special and well-deserved night out with two other wonderful Mommies. Almost everything about hanging out with girlfriends is different after becoming a Mom and it is wonderful to have the company of other Mom-friends. Alcoholic beverages, some food, a rude waiter, a jazz band and a tamborine were all part of the night, ended with some hot tub soaking. A hilarious situation at a McDonald's drive thru took place on our way home from dinner/drinks. That still has me laughing, too. Love you amazing ladies and I look forward to our next adventure.
(Half) marathon-schmarathon update: can you feel my excitement?? Running 5 times/week--it's what I'm doing (going to add a day of weights and leave the 7th day for NOTHING). Loathing the long runs on the weekends--but i love to see the # on the scale drop and my clothes fitting looser.
Ok- remember when I asked you to post a comment about what you are thankful for...do it- don't just lurk on my blog! I will guilt you in to posting about what you are thankful for or you will feel like a shmuck, haha.
Happy humpday all!
No comments:
Post a Comment