Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas spirit and Tasty Tuesday

It's Tuesday- that means 5 days until Christmas!  I am happy to report I am DONE shopping and have only a couple things to wrap.

This past weekend was a lot of fun with Mom's night out on Friday, a birthday party on Saturday and time with family on Sunday.

Here is what I'm currently craving- SUSHI! Have you ever made any sushi rolls?  It is surprisingly pretty easy, not a cheap meal when you buy good/fresh fish and um, also kind of messy with the rice but YUM and a fun experience.

Lookie here:




a favorite- salmon bowl- just add some wakame salad

P.S. I'm having sushi for lunch- duh :)

So, I'm trying to stifle the idea that I should start planning G's 2nd birthday- it's in early February.  Last year for his 1st we had it at a covered but outdoor location and-surprise, surprise- it was wet and cold.  My kid and a think a couple others ended up getting a cold.  Nice party favor, huh?

Pinterest is, of course, an addicting website to get all kinds of great ideas so I will resign to just pinning some ideas for now over there.  Other than where to have the party, the next dilemma is what theme?  G loves the following: Thomas the Train, Cars movie, airplanes.  We should just do planes, trains and automobiles....no way-that's too much!  Now- if I could only sell my current small house for the amount I want for it and purchase a larger house for the price I want before early February??? Hahah--no I am not an insane person...just my inner thoughts and grandiose wishes shared here with the blog world.

If you celebrate Christmas as Jesus' birthday- what do you "give" or do in honor of Jesus?




Photobucket

1 comment: