Weekend wrap-up:
Friday night took my little G on a night time scavenger hunt with our flashlights! This was fun. We live on a cul-de-sac so this was easy enough. Everything is so much more interesting, intriguing, etc. when it's nighttime. We carried our finds in a ziploc bag for safe- keeping. Gavin had fun carrying the flashlight and shining it in windows--haha. Then we hopped in the blue push car and took a look at some neighborhood Christmas lights and returned home for bath and bed. Then I crashed on the couch.
Saturday started with running (aka torture). 6:45am long run in an area of the half-marathon course that covers the majority of the hills in the race. It was RAINING and COLD. The only thing that kept me from taking a short cut was listening to my mp3 player and telling myself how much of a loser I'd be if I took that short cut! The good news? I got a 2nd wind around mile 4---is this the ever-coveted "runner's high?" Nah-still felt like it took a lot of effort.
Saturday was date night. G was slated to spend some time with his Mimi and Papa and enjoy some grandparent-spoiling. In the past I have waited until the afternoon to take him over; this time? I took him over by 11:30am. Whoohoo- some free time to get stuff done that I needed to and had been neglecting. I stifled the mommy guilt and felt good about getting some errands done. I also got to visit with a friend who just had her 2nd child (cutie pie!) three weeks ago; her son is 3 days older than G. While I look forward to (hopefully) being pregnant again one day, I have to say that I am more happy than not- about not having two under 2 right now. Prayers and kudos to all those who do this effortlessly :)
The husband and I enjoyed a nice, low-key date night- went out to dinner and watched a movie at home. Great night.
Sunday: picked the G up and took him home. We all three went to a Christmas church service at a friends' church and ended up leaving early. I never leave events early--but G was not having it. Too loud and too many people he did not know packed in to a room and it was not going well. So, we left. Oh well-always next year. Then we just chilled the rest of the day and attempted to put up outside lights= fail. Every year we do this. We don't have the right extension cords and we don't have an outlet at the front of the house. So- the lights are strung, along with some awkwardly hanging cords--lovely. It's the thought that counts, right? ;)
No pics today- just words. Come back Wednesday if you don't like words :)
Congratulations to our friends who just had their baby girl in the wee hours this Monday morning. Excited for you guys! New life--so amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment