Thursday, December 1, 2011

joy

Last night I found myself doing a community teeth brushing of all of G's stuffed animals.  I laugh thinking how this may have looked if I could have watched it on video.  It serves purposes though: participating in pretend play with my little guy AND hopefully enticing him to not act like it is torture when I brush his teeth.  Because duck, sheep, puppy, sock monkey and baby doll don't cry and writhe about when they have their teeth brushed.  Absurd at times--this motherhood thing :)

Great news: I beat 100 other people in the 10k Turkey Trot I finished on Thanksgiving.  I guess it is true that there will always be someone slower than you.  (Um...357 people were faster than moi.)  6.2 miles in a little over an hour--I'll take it.  15k race coming up at the end of January--yikes!

Running this week has been a fail due to a lovely cold that has left me feeling out of sorts.  I will attempt a jog during my lunch hour today taking plenty of tissue paper to catch the inevitable drip from my nose.

Last night I tortured the husband and MADE him spend 15 minutes at a park right down the road taking a few snapshots (thank you Katie!!) to (photoshop) in to family Christmas photos.  Nothing professional about our little photo shoot but a wonderful friend who helped us out in a pinch.  Our scheduled photo session back in November- that did not occur- is a WHOLE other story.  (God help me love my husband in spite of the ways he drives me c.r.a.z.y!)

Lastly- I recently found THIS blog.  Not too many moms out there willingly talk about PPD (Post partum depression) and she does this with honesty and grace; not to mention her lovely family and all-around neat blog.

And one more wonderful site I just found lets you click on food/drink items you have in your home and voila- spits out recipes for you; could you ask for more??! Find it HERE.

Last week I showed you some tantalizingly scrumptious pictures of foods/drink I was drooling over AND here are some more:



Autumn salad- yum! Link: http://www.espressoandcream.com/2010/11/autumn-chopped-salad.html

Can't go wrong with a breakfast casserole

Grinch cookies! Mint chocolate chip Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bettycrockerrecipes/4595758178/

Hawaiian Lava Flow! Had this when we were IN Hawaii--o.m.g! Link: http://www.thecoterieblog.com/2010/02/lava-flow-recipe.html 

christmas crack! Saltine toffee/chocolate--ahhmazing! Link: http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/2008/12/saltines-have-never-had-it-so-good.html

1 comment:

  1. AJ fights the teeth brushing process too, but he is getting better. All this food is making me hungry and i really enjoy reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete